Welcome to the EGCL Institute Africa PFM and Public Policy Community of Practice (EGCL COP).
The EGCL CoP is Community of Practice is not simply a group of people who are interested in Public Finance Management and Public Policy; we are practitioners who engage in shared activities, share resources, tools, techniques, and ideas. Together we can develop ways of addressing problems in new ways.
As a team, we value interactions and seek knowledge from each other. Many are already or will become thought leaders and experts in our areas of interest.
In this forum, we abide by key rules:
- Keep it friendly. Every post should make a positive contribution. The EGCL CoP is open to all points of view on the intended topics; mature, polite debate is encouraged. Attacks or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated. The EGCL CoP is meant to stimulate conversation and trigger the exchange of best practices not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are of course welcomed, but should always be thoughtful and respectful, rather than emotional, impulsive or anger-driven.
- All defamatory, derogatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and may be removed.
- Job postings or solicitation for services should be put in the relevant thread and not be posted in other groups. EGCL CoP posts should not contain promotional material, special offers, or product announcements.
- Refrain from posting commercial messages. If you have a product or service which would be beneficial to the poster, please contact the member directly.
- EGCL Institute reserves the right to reproduce the postings shared to the EGCL CoP.
- Copyrighted materials should not be shared without permission from the publication or author. Links to original materials may be shared when attributed to the owner.
- Transparency is very important in gaining trust in online relationships, therefore, please be clear who you are and who you work for when posting to the EGCL CoP.
- Be honest, be yourself. The EGCL CoP is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between Members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your participation by only contributing content you know is accurate. Be mindful to respect the “closed” environment of EGCL Institutes online communities and do not forward messages to non-members.
If you want us to add a discussion category that does not fit into the ones provided, or have any questions, comments or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates @egclinstitute